Contest is now open!
Rules for contest period August 2012 - February 2013
1. Indie International accepts entries from all countries of the world. At the current time however, Indie International can only accept songs whose lyrics are submitted in the English language.
2. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age. Each song submitted must be contestant's original work. Songs may not exceed six (6) minutes in length. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name as the primary contact on your profile. Contestant may submit one up to a maximum of three songs per contest and divide these entries between genres as he/she wishes, but each entry requires a separate entrance fee. Entrance fee is non-refundable. Only online submissions made through the Indie International website will be accepted. Songs & entry forms will not be accepted my mail. The IISC is not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries. All song entries must be uploaded by midnight, PST, on the closing date for that given contest.
3. Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). IISC will not have any ownership rights to any song submitted.
4. Contest is open to amateur songwriters and professional songwriters who (on their honor) have earned less than $10,000 during their career from songwriting royalties (this does not include cd sales of their own independent releases OR payments for any type of live performance OR winnings from other contests). Employees of Indie international, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible. The family, friends and affiliates of our sponsors and judges are also ineligible.
5. Prizes (for contest ending 2/28/13): The Indie International Songwriting Contest will award Five (5) First Place winners that receive at least $1500 of value in a combination of merchandise & services, Five (5) Second Place winners receive at least $750 in merchandise & services, and Fifteen (15) Top Honors Winners (3rd - 5th Place) will receive at least $350 of value in merchandise & services. In addition, FIRST & SECOND place winners in each genre will be featured on the front page of the Indie International website until winners for the follwing contest are announced. All prize winners will be permanently featured on the website. There will be no transfer and substitution of prizes except as necessary due to availability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All winners agree to release IISC and sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. Please note that prizes which are being sent to winners from sponsors may take longer than prizes sent directly from IISC. Indie International will conduct a contests twice a year. However, prize packages, prize levels, and number of winners for future contests are subject to change for future contests.
6. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of noted songwriters, producers, and music industry professionals. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, lyrics (when applicable), originality and phrasing. The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song: division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Winner Announcements: Winners for the IISC contests will be contacted within 4-6 weeks of the closing date of the contest and posted on the indieinternational.com website within a week of this notification. For more information contact info AT indieinternational DOT com
8. Indie International reserves the right to extend contest period dates for any given contest to insure a competitive pool of entries. Contest period not to exceed 12 months.